Friday, December 7, 2007

December 6 - Job - Part 1

(I am very sorry about not posting consistently the past few days - I have had ISP issues)

Job 19:25-26 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

I believe that Job is the picture of an Old Testament saint. It's widely believed that Job lived around the same time as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He did not have the Law or the Prophets, and in spite of his troubles, he had the faith to know that his redeemer lived and that he would one day see God. Even though he may have not known all of the theological terms, the names of the holidays or anything more than his individual need for a mediator between himself and God, Job was looking forward in time to both Christmas and Easter.

No comments: